What Can Be Included In My Claim?
Depending on the extent of your injuries you may be entitled to compensation for the following losses:
- Past and future loss of earnings;
- Past and future loss of superannuation;
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Pain and suffering;
- Travel expenses; and
- Out of pocket expenses such as the cost of medications.
For serious injures such as catastrophic, acquired brain injury, quadriplegia / paraplegia and amputation, compensation might include the following:
- Home modifications;
- Car modifications;
- Past and future equipment expenses such as wheelchairs, commode chairs;
- Gratuitous care by relatives; and
- Domestic and gardening assistance.